I walk into a room filled with clutter. I’m in our family room sorting through unsent Christmas cards, tins of truffles, and crumpled to-do lists. Then, the phone rings. The number comes up; it’s Lee Eisler, my dear friend, and colleague whom I haven’t spoken to in months. “I didn’t want to send you a poorly thought out e-card,” she said, “I want to hear your voice. How are you?”
This got me thinking. Maybe for the last few weeks of the quarter, we should handwrite a card to a client, call our loved ones on the phone, human to human, and tell them what they mean to us.
Yes, focus on pipeline, but don’t forget your lifeline.
As we head into 2020, the #1 imperative for sellers is to Re-humanize sales. Rehumanizing starts with bringing our humanity into every aspect of our lives.
- 58% of customers are willing to spend more for better customer experience.
- 70% of buying experiences are based on how customers feel they’re being treated.
- 84% of all customers, despite the growth of AI, still want a Trusted Advisor. Notice the word trust precedes the word advisor.
What does it mean to Re-Humanize the Sales process?
- Genuinely caring about improving the lives and businesses of your customers.
- Understanding human needs and behavior and using that understanding to form an authentic connection rather than trying to finesse a quick sale.
- Leaving space to truly listen rather than bulldozing your way through a meeting. It means listening for the emotion behind the words—and caring about what you hear! And, above all, it means living these principles in every aspect of your life.
Only if we understand someone’s inner world can we affect their outer world.
To that end… I’m thrilled to announce that my book, Heart and Sell: 10 Universal Truths Every Salesperson Needs to Know, has just been released in audio in time for the holidays and is available in FOUR languages! 🙏
“Heart and Sell is a masterpiece! This book goes deep and wide, and I can tell Shari gave it her heart. To deliver on this great read, Shari references legendary actors, pianist, conductors, entrepreneurs, neurologist, mindfulness teachers, and great sales leaders… and that’s just a sampling. The stories offer EXCEPTIONAL teaching moments. The systematic presentation and the humor of the book will keep you turning the page. Get ready to take notes!”
“Wow! I’ve read, or started, a lot of books on sales and am pretty sure this is the best one I’ve ever read! Seriously. Not to much fluff, just enough to make a point but tons of great step by step instructions that taught me knew stuff and reminded me of some old stuff that I’d forgotten! Well Done!”
If you liked the book, consider the audio for a friend, loved one, or colleague…AND if you LOVED the book, please write me a review on Amazon.
Haven’t yet purchased Heart and Sell? Buy HERE. For bulk order of 50 or more, please contact usto receive a FREE Leaders Guide to kick off the new year with increased energy and revenue.
Isn’t it time you got a ❣️on for sales?
Be More. Sell More.